Pages

Slider

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

So much to be THANKFUL for!!!



A great friend this week convinced me to stop being grumpy and write down 10 things I was thankful for, well I wrote a really ridiculous list that made her laugh and me laugh too but then that night on my drive home I realized how many times lately on my drive that I have looked up and said "Thank you God" for today, for people, and for my life. When people ask me why I drive an hour to and from work everyday, I say because it is worth it for my job or because  I get the time to decompress. Those are honest answers but there is another one that I did not realize until recently, it is my time to be close to God and to think about my life. The list below is long and slightly obnoxious. I do not want anyone out there that is struggling to think I feel this way every moment. It is easy to be happy, grateful, and full of promise on paper. I struggle everyday but also it is amazing once you start writing it down you really do see so clearly how much you have. Please know I cry like the rest of you and have written journal entries about how unfair my life is, etc. But this is truly the things I know in my heart and soul, it is just easy to forget the good. So here is the things that I am thankful for everyday but I will share them with you on Thanksgiving! 

  • For my co-workers. This is past and present. From the past, I worked for the first time with physical therapy assistants. Wow, if anyone ever thinks that a two year degree is not enough they have not worked with these ladies. They took me under their wing (especially my honey badger). They gave me the confidence to be the professional I am now and taught me so many exercises and manual therapy techniques that I still use. All these co-workers also taught me what work ethic means. I did not learn these lessons in school I learned them from my co-workers. 
    My current co-workers. I never thought I could be so blessed to spend a majority of my life with these amazing people. They push me to grow in areas I have never imagined. Every patient that steps into our facility has not only my mind working on them but everyone else's in the room throwing in ideas, cuing, and advanced therapy techniques. My co workers have seen me at my worst literally breaking down crying and have held me and told me everything would be ok. They protect me, teach me to be a better person, a better clinician, and lift me up on a daily basis. Thank you. 
  • For my work connections and friendships. In the past 2 years, I have developed so many great friendships. These men and women are active, down to earth, and downright crazy. I cannot say enough about the great times we have had and I know there are more to come. I would do anything for them and I know the same is true for them as well. 
  • My family. Immediate. My parents are AWESOME. Goodness, I never thought that would come out of mouth and I did not even choke on it. Really, my mom ran her first 1/2 marathon this year. She never thought she could be athletic. She is being healthy, athletic, and works harder than anyone I know. She does all of this while calling and reminding me of my appointments, important dates, etc. 
    My dad is a monster at life. He is the sweetest man you will ever meet (other than my hubby) at the same time he is out there killing running, biking, and swimming. He always thinks about other people first and never wants recognition. My brother and his fiance are one of the cutest couples I have seen. They are both so intelligent and finishing nursing school. My brother is truly coming into his own. In laws. My father in law gives me such a hard time but honestly anytime Jason and I have ever needed anything he is the first one at the door. When Jason was in the hospital this year he called me everyday to check on him and came and sat with Jason and made him feel normal again which I could not accomplish without his help. He's a wonderful dad to Jason. My mother in law and step father in law. I have loved them always, they truly are a second family to me. I love singing jukebox with Joyce. When Jason and I need love we know exactly where to go and always feel welcome just opening the door and stampeding in. That's true family. Jason's sisters and their respective husbands. I am so happy to live so close to all of my family (and yes Evansville is close ;)) To be able to continue to develop relationships with Jason' sisters is so special to me. I love the cook outs and shopping trips. As a full family we truly have what other people wish for. We are so blessed. 
  • Niece and Nephew. You already know from past posts that I adore them!!! And this is already crazy long so I won't go into more details. Distant Family. I could go on for days about my distant family as well but let's brief it up and say I love my aunts and uncles, they have the marriages that make you believe in the long lasting, miracle kind of love. Jason and I are so lucky to have great role models. My grandparents (maternal and paternal) are active in their community, put family first, and really have the value of life down to an art. I hope they continue to teach me what matters. My puppies. Even though ace is gone I still miss him like crazy and I know he watches over Jason and I everyday. Bella is a crazy puppy and so spoiled but cuddling with our "sweets" every night makes Jason and I feel like a whole family even while we wait for our baby.  
  • My friend family. There is a long post to come next week that I am finishing the touches on so check that out next week. But in short to the people that know my life better than anyone else (you know who you are). Thank you for letting me cry on your shoulders, for telling me to suck it up while at the same time rubbing my back, thanks for admitting when you do not know what to say, and for supporting me throughout every decision in my life. You have been there for the roughest and the best parts. I cannot be thankful enough for your friendship. Without it I know I would not be here writing this post. 
  • My husband. I could go on for days. Jason is my soul mate. He allows me to be whoever I want to be. He loves me and honestly sees me in the best light. He holds my hand and makes me feel beautiful. This man cleans the house, makes me dinner, supports my dreams, makes me laugh, and shares something with me that no one in this world will ever understand. Without him, I would not get out of bed each day and put on a smile. Without him I would not feel light as a feather and free. He truly is EVERYTHING!    




        
  • My mind and body. The ability to think and move. In my line of work I see so many that do not have this luxury. It is something that we all take for granted and forget is a gift. If you have nothing else to be thankful for, you always have this. 
  • My life. "You got air coming through your nose, you got a heartbeat"







  • GOD. Without Him, I would not be here. I would not believe in love and dreams. I would not have faith that I am walking the path He designed for me. I am thankful for Him because he gave me all of my other bullet points. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs