Pages

Slider

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

On the day of love, I thought it appropriate to share some of the new information we had on Baby W. There is not much but I was able to communicate with the agency this week. 

  • Baby W will be delivered at a hospital in Illinois (I thought it might be too much info to say which one)
  • We will be at the delivery per the birth mothers request and our desire
  • If the hospital is not full, we will be able to have a room and stay with the baby but if the hospital is at capacity then Jason and I will stay at the hotels (finger crossed for hospital)
  • It is a natural delivery at this time. Therefore when we get the call, we just get to jump into the car and go
  • We are still waiting for the weather to calm down so we can have a meeting but at this time our birth mother is unable to solidify a ride with the weather. So, we are still waiting and might just meet her that day. 
  • Christina and Drew threw me a wonderful baby shower (which will have it's own blog post upcoming)
  • The wonderful Abby Williams just installed our car seat base and gave us our travel education. Thank you, Abby
  • I packed all of the bags and made a list of the last minute items we need to throw in. 
  • I officially think Jason and I are "nesting"
For Valentine's Day, Jason made me the most amazing and thoughtful gift. Here is what I came home to...


He is going to add in lettering at the bottom this quote that he chose! 

The card at the top reads about some of the symbolism of the gift. The wood is red oak. The red oak has both male and female flowers and stands for strength and courage. Legend has it that its the mightiest tree in the forest and stands strong through all things. Jason also explained that from mythology, the Gods such Zeus spoke of the oak being the tree of the Gods because it would reach up and get struck by lightning more often than any other tree. 

The adoption symbol is also another unique part of the gift that carries symbolism. The triangle's three sides represent the adoptive family, the birth family, and the adoptee. The heart connects each side of the triangle to represent the great love shared by all through adoption. 

I am so lucky to be sharing this experience with the love of my life. I am spoiled by his genuine love, creativity, and ingenuity. Aiden is so lucky to have him as a father. We are so lucky to have Aiden as a son! I cannot wait for a family picture to put in my new frame.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs